Important Theological Commitments
- Christ-centered proclamation of all Scripture, the New concealed in the Old and the Old revealed in the New. Jesus taught the Apostles how to read the Scriptures this way, Christ as Creator, Redeemer and Lord.
- We encourage a regular prayerful reading of the Daily Office in the Book of Common Prayer (a two year cycle cover most of the Bible and repetitive readings of the Book of Psalms)
- In our corporate worship, the liturgy of the Word, we read from the Old Testament, Psalms, Epistles and Gospels. We encounter God in the hearing of the Scriptures.
- We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Sacraments or mysteries of God: water baptism and holy communion as the Gospel Sacraments for all
- Historic episcopacy – Bishop, Priests and Deacons providing leadership and equipping & pastoring members of Christ to be ministers.
- Prima Scriptura (Scripture as first and primary) and the Great Tradition – interpreting Scripture through the lens of the historic Church, including Creeds, Councils and the writings of the Fathers and Mothers of the Church.